Gary's - Since 1971, A Higher Standard Underwater
Located in San Carlos, Mexico
And Local Information
We are Donna and Gary Goldstein. We've been San Carlos residents and business owners for 31 years. You can call us anytime at 226-0049 and 226-0024 to make reservations and answer any questions you may have. We are in the hotel lobby every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from about 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., depending on flight arrivals.
WE HAVE INFORMATION ON:
- Margarita and Bay Cruises
- Off-road Excursions and Horseback Riding
Water, Food, Electricity, etc.
- Although our hotel water is filtered for drinking, we recommend drinking bottled water for taste and safety.
- We recommend eating and drinking only in the hotels and the twenty-three fine established restaurants, but not from street vendors who may not use good hygiene.
- Electricity is 110 volts, 60 cycles, the same as in the U.S.
- Local city bus - every 15 mins. in downtown San Carlos - costs about $4.50 pesos (approx. 45 cents US) and to Guaymas $9.00 pesos (approx.90 cents US)
- Taxis - outside all hotels - cost about $60.00 pesos (approx. $6.70 US) for local trips.
- Mo-ped scooters - next door to the Plaza Las Glorias - rent for about $30.00 US / day.
- Rental cars - available from both Hertz and Budget.
Telephones, Communications and Internet
- We recommend the toll free numbers or Internet Phone, since calls to the U.S. are very expensive.
- Most U.S. cell phones can be activated with a Mexican number.
- Send and receive faxes, check your e-mail and make Internet VoIP calls to the U.S. from Gary's Internet Connection.
- U.S. dollars or credit cards (Visa and MC) are accepted by most businesses.
- Exchange rate - varies. Check with us for today's rate.
- Bank hours are: Mon. thru Fri. - 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Information and Help
Call us directly every day:
- Ph. 622-226-0049 - 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To get reservation information, use the form below, send us e-mail, or call us at 622-226-0049.
PLACES TO STAY
The Marina Terra Hotel located at the San Carlos Marina, with it's own privately owned cove and beach club, has rooms and suites normally starting at $110 per night plus tax. We have a Gary's Dive Shop customer special price of $79 plus tax a night, some restrictions apply. Call them toll free at 1-888-688-5353, or e-mail email@example.com and tell them I sent you.
Also at the marina are the Plaza Las Glorias Condos for about $125 per night for a nice two bedroom condo. Their toll free reservations number is 1-888-218-6403 e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Posada Condominiums are centrally-located on the premier La Posada Beach, just a short walk or drive to shopping, restaurants & nightclubs, and of course the world-famous Marina San Carlos for boating, fishing, scuba diving, and snorkeling. The property includes the seven-story Guaimas Tower, the three-story Yaqui Building, a fresh water pool and palapa bar. Sales and Rentals - (US) 520-232-2147 or US Toll Free 866-507-5551. Check out their web site at www.posadacondominiums.com.
The newly renovated Hotel Fiesta Real on San Francisco Beach has ocean view rooms normally starting at $87 double occupancy, plus tax. We have a Gary's Dive Shop customer special price of $70, double occupancy, plus tax. Call them toll free at 1-866-673-8364 and tell them I sent you.
The Gringo Pete Apartments are one block east of the marina with spacious one-bedroom condos for $45 double occupancy, $55 for four persons and $65 for six persons. The reservation phone is 011-52-622-226-1316, the web site is http://www.ruidoso.net/oceanview/index.html.
Five miles east of San Carlos on a private beach are the Condos Pilar. Rates are from $75 to 160 per night. Reservation information can be found on their website http://www.mexonline.com/pilar.htm.
Three miles west of San Carlos, next to Catch 22 beach is the Mirador RV Park http://www.elmiradorrv.com. General Manger Carlos Gonzales, phone 011-52-622-227-0213 email@example.com welcomes you personally to the very nicest RV park in the state.
We have a wide variety of special deals on accommodations, travel information and packages available in San Carlos. Please ask for details.
|Scuba trips || Rental Gear || Classes || Fishing & Cruises || About San Carlos
Accommodations || Need More Info? || Our Customers || Home Page
|Gary's Dive Shop
on San Carlos Main Street Km 10
San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico.
|Call from US: 1-(866)-356-1236 (TOLL FREE)
Worldwide Cel. Phone: +1-520-370-7187
|Inside Mexico call: 622-226-0049
Mexico Cel. Phone: +521-622-120-0584
E-Mail Gary: firstname.lastname@example.org